Friday, December 01, 2006

Ezra Klein, who is a friend, gets it mostly right in his analysis of the YouTube phenomenon and how it influences TV combatativeness among progressives.

Ezra in fact uses my appearances on MSNBC as one example, so let me explain my particular case this way. I do not put on a show because I know it will get me invited back (I am sure there are many who are that calculating). However, I know that I can express the true contempt I have for the lying shills of the far right when I do go on, without fear of not being invited back because of it.

So I don't have to try and stifle my overwhelming urge to deconstruct their pathetically weak talking points in a somewhat, let's call it, demonstrative manner. I know it makes for good Internet viewing, and hence is not a problem for bookers.

I hope that all makes sense.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

Yeah. That makes sense. And I understand you aren't trying to exagerate your distaste for those criminals.

Still thou. It wouldn't hurt one bit if you were to practice talking viciously enought that actual visible wads of spit spews from your face when you address them either.

(hehehe) pretending you don't already do that naturally....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home