Wednesday, August 08, 2007



Was I the only one who saw CLIFF SCHECTER ON THE COLBERT REPORT last night?

There I was, trying to get lulled to sleep by the dulcet, soothing tones of Stephen Colbert's voice, when suddenly--screeeeeeeech!--I'm startled into consciousness by his reference to YearlyKos. My eyes widen. My pulse quickens. Who were those familiar faces flashing on my plasma screen??

None other than Cliff and Dougie Schecter!*

My life was complete. I could now resume slumber mode knowing that my dreams would be that much sweeter for having seen two of the most influential forces in my life (yes, Dougster, you're that cool) referenced by the one and only Stephen Colbert. And congratulations, Mini-Schecter. Your TV debut was an impressive one.

*He showed the clip from this video.

8 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Congratulations, Cliffdog and Cliffpup!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Thanks gottalaff!! I just got a whole lot of email this morning (and a few calls) about it. I had not idea as I fell asleep early (still catching up on sleep from Y Kos).

Dougie was easily the bigger star. And I guess that whole thing about keeping him away from cameras is now shot....How many people watch Colbert?

In any case, thanks darlin.....

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Aww, I missed it last night. Fortunately, Canada's Comedy Network reairs the Colbert Report about twenty times a day, so I'll catch the next viewing.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger ohdave said...

Plasma, huh?

Are you a closet Republican?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

OhDave,
Shhhh. Cliff doesn't know.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw it too - I was just falling asleep when I heard "this is Cliff Schecter and this is Dougie Schecter" and I said Hey!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Leave it to Cliff to keep us awake at night, right Gimme?

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Cliff. And they said you'd never amount to anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home