Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh my.

Bill O'Reily.com being investigated by Secret Service

After seeing this post by John Aravosis on AmericaBlog, I was incensed and concerned at the same time. Here is the comment on O'Reilly's blog that crossed the line:

If Hillary wins, I will be respectful of our leader. If you could read my thoughts, I would be on the SS [Secret Service] watch list.


So, I did what a responsible person should do when they see something like this on a blog. I called the Secret Service to report it. This comment isn't about politics or defaming Senator Clinton. It outright states a threat to her life. It is unacceptable.


That's all I can quote in good conscience, go read what the Secret Service told him. And they did take it seriously.

7 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Live by the sword.....

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

talk about backfire ... I wonder if O'Really is going to stop his fatwa against Kos or if he is going to continue digging his hole ... knowing him it will be the latter since he will never learn that it doesn't pay to mess with intelligent people.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Will this be the end of O'Lielly? I hope so!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

s-q

I doubt if it will be the end of O'Reilly. Cockroaches don't die that easily. I think Fox News will just use this to turn the guy into a saint. I'm glad he was reported, though.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

It's not the only site- I've seen death threats of Olbermann's site, The Huffington Post, all directed at Dems and the poster... What is wrong with your country, guys? And when is the next civil war going to happen, because it's sounding like that's what those people want.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Honestly I don't see why he went so nuts over that comment. I am a liberal from way back but I don't see why saying you will be respectful to the president but think differently is a crime. It just doesn't seem that threatening to me considering what we read on the internet every day.
Sounds more like the blogger themselves needs more attention than he is getting.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

" the blogger HIMSELF..."
geeze, preview, preview.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home