Thursday, July 05, 2007


First, just how much did the scientists say? Were they male or female? Did they go on and on or just mumble a few words about this? Hmmmmm?
Women did speak an average of 546 more words a day than men in the study, results of which will be published in Friday's issue of Science magazine, but that wasn't a statistically significant number. It's certainly a far smaller difference than what's been previously suggested [...]

In fact, both women and men use roughly 16,000 words a day, according to the latest research. [...]

Mehl said no one knows for sure where the stereotype that women talk more than men came from, but psychologists think it probably has to do with what men and women talk about, not how many words they use.

Women tend to talk more about their feelings and relationships -- topics that usually make men clam up.
I just cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would think women talk any more than men. I mean, come on, that's just the worst kind of stereotype. Anyone who thinks that is obviously a man, right? Women are no more babbling idiots than men are. The fact that a study even had to be done about his is nuts. I, for one, cannot begin to fathom where anyone got this idea. Women talking more than men? Ridiculous. Ridiculous, do you hear me?! Nuts?Crazy!Insane!Allthistalkaboutwomengabgabgabbitygabbing isjustludicrous!Allthroughhistory,womengetblamedforeverythingincludingthis!Why?WHY?I'lltellyouwhy!
Because.That'swhy.Icannotconceiveofsayingmorethnaisabsolutelynecessary,asyoucanplainlysee.Right?
Whereverdiditcomefrom? Notmethat'sforsure!I'mthe shy,quiettypeandwouldn't
THINKofsayingmorethanisABSOLUTELYNECESSARY!

So there.
HA!

5 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Whew!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Excellent

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

ME, sorry I didn't hear you. I was talking.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

gottalaff

do you know how hard it was to write a one word response for me? I am the stereotypical chatty cathy. In fact, I just did a post on stereotypes today. I forgot to add the talkative woman stereotype.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Hahaha! Torture. Pure torture.

But now we're equal opportunity chatterers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home