Friday, June 29, 2007

Tiffani's Story, cont'd.
This is another in a series copied and pasted, unedited from a 14-year-old girl named Tiffani. She's one of the many teens I've gotten to know through my work, and she has willingly and passionately agreed to share this with all of you. Her 33-year-old father was just sent to Iraq. She inadvertently found out his mission, which is among the most dangerous and is one typically covered by the media.

This is what some of our kids are going through, Commander Guy and Rogue Nation Dick. Proud of yourselves?
june 27 ,2007

dear journal

two days till my recital
and my dad isnt going to be there
it hurts to know everyone in my family
will be there but him.
i dont know what to do
it feeels like my heart is slowly tearing down
the middle ...no matter how hard i try
i cant get my dad out of my mind
constantly terrible thoguhts fill my head
nightmares haunting me every night
sometimes i cant handle the thoughts and i want
to cry .....but i cant
im a soldires daughter
were not suppse to cry
i have to be strong for my family=[
even though im the one they should be helping

tiffani

4 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Tiffani is the sweetest kid, and she's going through utter hell. It's been hard enough for me to watch her suffer, so imagine what she must feel like.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Gottalaff

I added the update to my blog, thanks for the heads up!

Tiffani: Hang in there, kiddo. I'm sure your dad will want you to enjoy your recital, even if he can't be there. I'm sure he is with you in his heart and will be so proud of you. We are all pulling for you and praying for you, your family, and of course, your dad.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Thanks so much, ME. I passed your comment on to Tiff. She'll check out your blog soon, too.

She hangs on to every word of support in every comment.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww.
thanks for ebing
soo supportive
it really means alot to me =]


tiffani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home