Friday, June 22, 2007



Do the Democrats in the government actually ever pick up a paper?
GALLUP: Only 29% Say U.S. Winning War on Terrorism --
Lowest Number Since 9/11


By E&P Staff
Published: June 22, 2007 10:55 AM ET
NEW YORK A new Gallup Poll reveals that fewer than 3 in 10 Americans saying the United States is winning the war on terror -- the lowest figure since the 9/11 attacks.

Further, while most Americans consider the war in Afghanistan part of the war on terror, more than half reject the idea that the war in Iraq is.

Results of the June 11-14 national survey of 1,007 adults find that that 29% of Americans say the United States is winning, while 20% say the terrorists are winning and 50% say neither side. Independents and Democrats are much more likely than Republicans to doubt U.S. progress, but even so only 53% of Republicans feel we have the upper hand.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

All it takes is some cojones.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

And they wonder why Americans don't bother to vote. Once they're in office, they do what they want. After the last election that got our majority in the House, I was all hopped up and ready to fight again for the 2008 election. I don't know if I want to bother wasting my time on phone banks if the candidate I'm pushing for just says "FU" after they win their seat.

Depressing. When are Americans going to start protesting in the streets with this war? Do they have to wait for a military draft first?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

So many of the protests are organized in D.C. or places to which one would have to fly.

I just heard a caller say that she'd attend more marches if she could 1) Get off work to do that, and 2) Afford to schlep to the thing in the first place. Or, if she were unemployed, she'd have the time, but she wouldn't have the $.

But I've been wondering, too, why protesting has fallen out of fashion. It's also given little to no press coverage. Ugh.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

During the Viet Nam war, most of the protests were on College Campuses and even high school campuses. Back then, the kids had something to fear because of the draft. Right now, they just sit back and watch the volunteers go. If they don't start protesting now, they will be the next ones getting shipped off.

You're right, there are very few protests in the small towns. Although, while on vacation in Michigan, I saw a ton of signs in the yards saying "Bring Home the Troops Now" and "No More $ for War". So, in a sense, I guess that's protesting. I bought one of those signs for my yard. The only problem is I live in a real conservative neighborhood, I'll probably get a rock through my window. I'm going to unveil it on the 4th of July weekend. I figure I can arm myself with bottle rockets to protect me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home