Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Al Franken, who is after Minnesota’s Democratic Senate nomination, received $1,000 from Ben Stein, a former speechwriter and lawyer for Republican Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. Benny Boy is hearing all kinds of whining from the right.

Stein's response? "Al is a close friend and one of the smartest people I have ever met."


Al Franken wins this round. The righties? They don't deserve so much as a consolation prize. Well, okay, maybe a case of imported toothpaste.

Can't wait to see what happens in the Lightning Round.

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Now if only Bob Barker would donate.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave him a token amount when he first announced his campaign and left Air America. Problem is, there are other Dems in the race and I have NO idea who they are (not living in Minnesota and all). So, Al won't be getting any more $$$ from me until he wins the Democratic primary, eventhough his campaign has called me on a coupla occasions. What else can one do?

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

One can't do much more than that, JANB. I think it's great that you did what you could.

I think it's hilarious, and very cool, that Ben Stein did what he could too. ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home