Thursday, May 31, 2007


Wow.

Thousands volunteer for candidate Obama in Nevada
By Kathryn Reed | May 31, 2007
RENO, Nevada (Reuters) -

In Nevada, a state of mostly desert, Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama is quickly nurturing a grass-roots campaign, with a rally on Thursday showing such efforts are generating enthusiasm.

More than 3,500 people filled a Reno park to hear the 45-year-old senator from Illinois. At a press conference after the rally, he talked about the importance of attracting ordinary voters back into the political process.

"My campaign is bringing in new people. It is galvanizing people," Obama said.

(snip)

Helping spread the word is his army of volunteers. More than 5,000 have signed up in Nevada to try to make Obama the Democratic candidate for president in the November 2008 election.


Pretty damn impressive. No endorsement or non endorsement, but am I missing something? I thought he started out very strong, but in the debate I was underwhelmed.

Guess he'll have another chance at me this Sunday.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Am I missing something?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I think Barack Obama is very comfortable talking in front of crowds or one on one. But he doesn't seem at ease when he is being questioned and having to cut his answers short. Maybe he's being too careful not to make a mistake that will come back to haunt him the next day. He needs time and practice for that.

That's the one thing Bill Clinton could always do, handle the pressure of debates and make it look like a cake walk.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

I think his underwhelming performance was more a reflection of the number of persons taking part in the debate. If the field narrows, or he gets to the general elections, I do not think he will have the same problem.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Rice said...

So far, he is not the candidate for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home