Tuesday, April 10, 2007




I've been reading the McClatchy Baghdad Bureau Blog written by their Iraqi reporters for a few days, trying to get a feel for it.
Today there is some special content.

April 10, 2007
The achievements after four years of the liberation


I know I should write this blog yesterday but I just wanted the full four years to pass over. Yesterday Iraqis and the whole world kept talking about the memories of the war and some of the most important political developments in Iraq. Some Arabic reports concentrated on other sides especially the economical ones reflecting the reality in their own way. As an Iraqi, I feel I cant be more accurate than any channel because I lived the four years in Iraq. So lets see some of the most important achievements done by the great Iraqi and American administrations.


Then the reporter goes on to list the various achievements.... Here's a couple.

* Some Iraqis became cleverer and they started to invent new ways in killing each other, stealing each other, hiding weapons, kidnapping and cheating.

* Iraqis never feel afraid of the electric shocks because we have electricity power for only two hours a day or three hours as a maximum. The rest of the day we have to use small Chinese generator that cost something like 100 $ which are not really powerful enough to kill people.


Who knew that there was snark in Farsi Arabic? This gets put in my favs.

A very good (and insightful) read.

2 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

The list of achievements is priceless, if a touch sad.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Good post, Paddy. And I'm tired today, so if I think it's good now, I'll think it's even better when I'm more awake. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home