Thursday, April 26, 2007

Iraq Supplemental Passes The Senate

Only Gordon Smith and Chuck Hagel joined the Democrats in voting for a bill that mandates the withdrawal of all troops from Iraq by this time next year. It already passed the House.

Bob Geiger's got the goods.

UPDATE: Steve Benen reminds us that this bill should arrive on President Bush's desk on the four year anniversary, to the day, of President Premature Exhortation's "Mission Accomplished" speech. This might just be the definition of irony.

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, good on Hagel and Smith! So much going on today - I wish I could stay home and watch the TeeBee.

I have to get me one of those jobs that pays me to do that...

Anybody hiring?

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I fixed ur update: President Premature Ejaculation

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Finian said...

Susan Collins and Norm Coleman
kiss your senate seats goodbye

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff, Tena from First Draft has a crush on you! (sing-songy voice):

Ok, ladies of Eschaton, I am developing quite the crush on Schechter, so I'm staking a claim!
Tena | Homepage | 04.26.07 - 2:40 pm | #

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Yes Collins and Coleman and Sununu go bye bye.

Hey Gimme - Let Tena know I'm flattered. Sadly, however, unlike Republicans who run for president, I choose to remain faithful to my wife. And I don't even have the Ten Commandments posted in my house, I mean how do I do it?

PS Glad you got my Premature "Exhortation" joke :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home