Monday, March 05, 2007

This is why I am such a big fan of Wes Clark. Not only was he one of the few Democrats to go and actually support Lamont in Connecticut last year, but he tells us what we need to know on the foreign policy front without acting like so many in this town. That would be a frightened little child, scared their shadow might take a bite out of their ass.

Well, what do we find out from General Clark today (or actually Friday, but who's counting)? Well, it turns out--shocker here--the Bush team, immediately after 9/11, had a plan to do 7 wars in 5 years.

Yup. The people who can't even handle two wars without making them both appear as if they were being run by Gomer Pyle wanted 5 more (or 6, I don't even think they were counting Afghanistan at that point--which is quite evident when one views the results). Keep that bunker stocked for the next two years folks...

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Editor said...

Clark is the man. He's the first one I've ever liked enough to work for. Love to see him as Sec of Def or State someday.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I can't get the story you linked to, keeps saying "Server Error". But I will assume Bush wanted to sweep the Middle East. I think Bush is still on crack, the guy is a menace.

I still think Clark will make a perfect Secretary of Defense. He's the man.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

The interview is on the Democracy Now web site, the radio show that Amy Goodman hosts.

I read this yesterday, and wondered why it's not getting more coverage elsewhere. And I was surprised at how low on the list Iran was. I thought it would be 2nd.

Clark is terrific. He's got a level head, has reliable connections, and presents well.

He was a little weak in the debates when he ran, which seemed to contradict his straightforward approach elsewhere.

But overall, I'm with you, Cliffy. He's good.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

cliff, check out this political parable I'm about to have published about undoing all of Bush's support. The other main thrust of it is that Clark is the inarguably best man to replace him. A WWII vet who read it said, "You made me feel guilty for not paying closer attention to Clark in 04!" and a soldier back from Iraq told me he wants to shake my hand. You can open the word doc from my geocities page at clarkvsbush.com or ask me to email it to you via afanofwesclark@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home