Saturday, March 24, 2007



Some days I just feel more Polish than usual. Guess today is one of them.
(Feeling Polish for me means craving my mothers' gumpki, cold beer and bowling. Just my version mind you.)

Interesting tidbits from the interwebs....

Did Kroger really stick to their press release proclamation to make Plan B available? This article isn't so sure, but when I went to the Kroger pharmacy yesterday and asked they did. (And hey!!! What's with the "look" Mr Pharmacist? I'm not that old!)

Was Pope Pius VII a racist?

Televangelists misusing the money they get from the suckers erm, faithful? Unbelievable!!

Staid Government types believe in UFO's?

Now we know what Bush saw in Putins soul. I'm surprised Bush hasn't gotten Rove to work something similar out for them. We don't need no stinkin' other political parties!!

I like a good burger just as much as the next person, and I even fall to the temptation of the drive thru every once in a while, but it this really necessary? I've a theory about this stuff. If you went in and sat down in a restaurant, would you really be inclined to order the biggest burger available? I doubt I would. But given a finite amount of time to think, order and eat, these things are going to fly out of the drive thru. Just gross.

Let's say I wrote my biography. I'm betting if you went back and conducted more than 40 interviews with former classmates, teachers, friends, there would be a TON of discrepancies. Who wouldn't? Why should it be a big deal that there are discrepancies for Obama? Not enough real news to cover?

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what's in the third pound burger that makes it have more calories than their double quarter pounder that presumably has more beef and fat in it.

It must be the bigger bun with more volume for carbs and surface area for glop sauce?

In general, a third pound burger (5 1/3 oz) shouldn't be all that much more horrible for you than a quarter pound burger (4 oz.)

I would actually buy a good third pound burger while I would almost never buy a 1/2 pound burger.

But thanks to your link, I would almost certainly not buy a 800 calorie third pound burger. Like 1/2 to 1/3 of our daily calories in one little pill.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Gross and def not good for you, but I know tons of people who would think it was a good idea.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hi Cliff!

You have mail! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home