Monday, December 18, 2006

My friend Joshua Holland, over at The Gadflyer (where I do also post sometimes), has a great piece on how somebody is making robocalls to members of Muqtada al Sadr's Mahdi Army in Iraq. Go give it a read.

As Joshua points out, you may remember that these annoying calls, replete with insults, hangups, slander, you name it, were made in at least 20 districts to thousands of voters by Republicans with the goal in mind of suppressing votes and stemming their losses at the polls.

And sadly, their sleaziness probably paid off, as somewhere around 10 Democrats lost by 1 point or less, with two Democrats in Ohio alone losing by razor-thin margins.

Well, we said we wanted to bring our Democracy to Iraq...

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

What no comments? Huh? Well I hate zeroes, so I'm commenting on the lack of comments. Ok I'm done. The valium is beginning to wear off anyhow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home