Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Why not just have the primary...I dunno...tomorrow?

After other states moved up the dates of their 2008 presidential primaries in hopes of increasing their influence, New Hampshire and South Carolina now appear set to strike back.

South Carolina’s GOP Chairman Katon Dawson is expected to announce Thursday that the party will hold its primary before the Feb. 2, 2008, scheduled date to try to “protect this battleground” and its first-in-the-South status. The move was precipitated by Florida’s decision to move its primary up to Jan. 29.

This is just getting silly.

Republican officials said South Carolina could hold its primary in mid-January, butting up against the primary and caucus dates for New Hampshire and Iowa. That in turn could cause Iowa and New Hampshire to move up their contests, with Iowa’s first-in-the-nation caucus being held as early as mid-December — four months from now.

Which in turn could cause California to change theirs again, to early November, which would make South Carolina really mad and make them switch theirs to, like, October!

Well! Florida would have none of that, and they'd insist on changing theirs to, ohhhhh, sayyyy...early September. And New Hampshire and Iowa surely won't stand for that kind of nonsense.

So my estimate is that the first primary will be in about an hour. Given that nobody else changes a thing.

Oh, and this just in: Bush has had Lyme disease for a year.

11 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Who's on first?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

My proposal is we have the primaries tomorrow, the campaign the day after tomorrow, and the election the day after the day after tomorrow. Would be nice to get it over with.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's have it last week, and we'd be free of all this claptrap--for a minute or two anyway.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

What's on second... sorry, Laffy, I couldn't resist.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

"I don't know's on 3rd and I don't give a damn!" (or something)

Hey, I like that idea of having the primaries last week. Does that mean I get to go back in time and rectify all of last week's goof-ups?

Say yes.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I've got a YouTube video of the whole routine on my blog...
And to answer you, of course you can. Just tell me the secret and I'll go back in time to fix my mistakes.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I do, too. I'm just too lazy to watch. Plus I have the script. Too lazy to dig it out. In other words, I'm lazy.

Okay, here's the secret....You just....quopa...computer...wspoity...not...opqu...working
....;iayqh78sa0....malfunct..ion...

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, you're all making comments about the primary thing, but doesn't anyone want to react to the Prez's Lyme disease? Oh, sorry, I forgot there for a minute that we have a president that NOBODY CARES ABOUT!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger ohdave said...

I don't know anything about Lyme Disease. I thought you got it from Margaritas.

Does it make you lie and live in a fantasy world, refusing to accept reality?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

Well, my dad had Lyme disease, but because he isn't the President or one of the uber rich and it didn't show up on the tests specified by the insurance companies, it took a year before he found a doctor that would diagnose him with Lyme. Unfortunately its done so much damage he can no longer work, on top of that the insurance companies are going after the doctor that diagnosed him for diagnosing too many patients with Lyme disease and are trying to get her license revoked.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't they just have them all on the same day.

Equal playing field, and it would save us tons of brain cell deadening blather from the talking heads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home