Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Romney: FISA DOES NOT GO FAR ENOUGH

I liked this statement better in the original German. Yes, Romney is willing to do anything, ANYTHING to win. He'd even force a dog into crawl-space above a car for 10 hours so it can barely move and is forced to defecate all over itself...oh right.

The moron also attacks Dems for being against "illegal wiretaps," which I guess means he's for them. His words, not mine. Idiot.

UPDATE: I have been really busy traveling, so I've not written about this issue (the FISA vote). And I realized I could not write about it without expressing my outrage, which I did not have time for. So here it goes.

Seriously guys, what does it take? Are you so in the thrall of Learned Helplessness that you will never emerge? 25% and 13%. Those are the approval ratings of Bush and Cheney. And still you cower.

If you cannot stand up to their abrogation of the Constitution now, then when? When will you unlearn the bullshit that you will lose for being too "liberal," because it sure killed Sherrod Brown to run in Ohio as someone who supports gay marriage without apology. When do you take a look into your history books and see that Dems used to run to your left and win ALL THE TIME, because THEY STOOD FOR SOMETHING. When do you look at the polls and see that on virtually every issue, the public is more progresive than not only the GOP, but the elite media blowhards and apparently YOU.

One thing I will say. I will never ever EVER give a cent to any one of you Dems who voted for this piece of crap bill. And if you should, say, find yourself in a tough fight for your political life, don't come running to me for support. I have real Democrats to defend.

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Scary and stupid. Bad combination.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger ohdave said...

Hurrah!

My readers (all 3 of you) know that I feel the same way. I've been obsessed with this issue this week. I really need to get a life.

It's especially because I've spent so much time and energy arguing that no, the two parties really ARE different. Then they go and do this.

If you aren't tired of hearing it, I'll ask everyone who reads this to please call their senator or representative and make your feelings known on this issue.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Yay, Cliff! Stick it to them!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I've contacted Feinstein.

Thanks, Cliffy. We needed a good rant on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home