Friday, April 13, 2007


(Mary Ellen made me put up the pic, I SWEAR!!!)


What Joe Said.


Salon

It doesn't matter whether Imus apologized, hopes to apologize to the Rutgers women in person, or promises never to utter racist remarks again. Anyone who has been paying attention knows that he has made such promises and apologies before. They were meaningless then and they would be meaningless today. On "Larry King Live," Imus friend Bo Dietl seemed to argue that MSNBC was wrong to let him go before he "had a chance" to speak with the Rutgers team he insulted, and that they should somehow decide his fate. But there is no reason to burden those women with that responsibility -- which rested solely with his employers.

From the beginning, the only relevant question was whether the networks would uphold decent values. Under pressure of conscience or commerce or both, NBC and CBS did the right thing -- and sent a refreshing message that all the excuses in the world cannot change.


Now, if we could drop this navel gazing and talk about something important, it would be greatly appreciated by all.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

I was going to include a pic of Joe at the top, but then I realized I'd be disctracted all day scrolling back and forth to it.
*sigh*

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paddy

The least you could have done was put up a picture of Joe!...I don't want to have to look at Tucker's ugly mug all day! Have a heart!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Twist my arm woman, twist my arm.
*sigh*

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Paddy!

I think ALL the women on this blog appreciate your kindness in putting up this picture. Now, if I can only avoid looking at that ugly mug on Tucker....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home