Monday, April 23, 2007


The Spoils Of The War That Will Last 100 Years.

Every day, these men and women are coming home with crippling injuries, seen and unseen.
When they come home.
9 more just died in and IED attack this Monday evening.

Military expanding Calif. amputee center
By THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writer
Fri Apr 20, 5:45 AM ET

SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Where some see scarred stumps and horrific wounds, Peter Harsch sees carbon-fiber feet, hydraulic legs and bionic knees.

Harsch became the Navy Medical Center San Diego's first full-time prosthetist last fall as part of the military's push to treat troops who have lost arms and legs in Iraq and Afghanistan.


I'm suffering from a bad case of hysterical laughter.
"FIRST FULL-TIME PROSTHETIST"?
Expanding an amputee center? Oh my holy whatever.

Is this what the administration is talking about when they talk about "creating jobs"?

Every day for a tarted up war, men and women that we entrust our liberties and lives to die and are maimed. My friends and relatives, and I'm sure yours as well.

Will I be thankful that the amputee center has expanded when my nephew ends up there?

Should you be happy that as your grandchild returns to the US there is a FULL-TIME PROSTHETIST available to slag on a bionic leg and elbow for the girl?

Cowardly weak tin soldiers sending the real iron soldiers to die.

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

I give.

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one on this board who knows who Fred Downs is? He has written two memoirs about his injuries and their aftermath. I believe he has retired from the Veterans Administration.

(Oh yes, this is a Vietnam War reference. As if that isn't relevant NOW.)

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad indeed coming on a day with the highest single day lost in the 82nd Airborne Division since the Summer of 1969.

Pathetic. Unexcusable. I'm about to quit my freaking job and go camp in front of the White House until we withdraw.

Chris

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unequivocally, yes and yes. You would be thankful when your nephew ends up there, and I should most certainly be happy if my grandchild returns to the US and finds a full time prosthetics available if needed. I can only assume your laughing hysterically at the irony of the positive press the administration is getting over an expansion of a facility and a job that they dramatically increased the need for. Honestly I'm not sure I share your outrage or dark humor though - I've seen a slew of 'look how green we are' commercials from the largest oil, gas and chemical companies lately, so it seems pretty par for the course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home