Wednesday, April 04, 2007


Rep Mike Pence Smackdown Time

Well, I wouldn't have thought Glenn Greenwald could get much higher in my esteem but this takes him thru the roof.

Salon

The people who claim "the surge is working"

I have remained steadily optimistic as a result of the inspiring reports of the great progress of our Glorious Surge, accompanied by the re-assuring vows that we are now on the Road to Sweet Victory. But I confess that I've been plagued by some nagging doubts, mostly due to the pessimistic media.

Thankfully, all of those doubts were dispelled when, this morning, I read in The Washington Post these very comforting descriptions from Indiana Republican Rep. Mike Pence, one of the war supporters who joined John McCain on his relaxing stroll through a Baghdad market:

Another member of the delegation, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.), declared that it was "like a normal outdoor market in Indiana in the summertime."
(*ed note- I've never had to wear body armour at Indiana outdoor markets.
Just sayin'.)

He doesn't just take Mike "Damien" Pences' word for it.... noooooo, why should he?

Pence Press Release - May 20, 2004:

PENCE TAKES TO HOUSE FLOOR TO TALK ABOUT IRAQI WMDs FOR SECOND TIME IN A WEEK

Washington, D.C. -- U.S. Congressman Mike Pence spoke today on the House floor about the recent discovery of sarin gas in Iraq, marking the second time this week Pence has discussed WMDs in a floor speech. His comments follow:

"Despite the national media's best efforts to minimize the news, I am here to report, as the United States military confirmed in Iraq on Monday, weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq.


It is a sweet column just chock full of tidbits waiting to be used for Barry Welshs' campaign. After you read, I ask you....... delusional or bat-shit crazy?

I know my answer.


*************UPDATE*************

Think Progress folows up on the "Indiana Open Air Market" theme.

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Man, I couldn't find the pic of Pence in the body armour- it makes him look "husky". heh.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jim said...

After you read, I ask you....... delusional or bat-shit crazy?

I vote for both!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger flo said...

batshit crazy - easy

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Batshit cuh-razy times a jillion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home