Thursday, February 22, 2007

What do John Howard, George Bush and Tony Blair have in common?

Wondering why John Howard continues increasing Australia's military presence in Iraq despite 2/3 of the country wanting either an exit strategy or immediate withdrawal? This when he has a tough election coming up?

Sound familiar?

Much has been made of Blair sharing Bush's religious zeal. I wondered whether there might be a common thread in Howard, and in his own words:

My belief in the centrality of the family, my very strong belief in private business enterprise, my very strong belief in the I think the stabilising influence of the Judaeo-Christian ethic in this country. Those beliefs haven’t changed at all. And you can find at every point of my time as Prime Minister a re-affirmation of those things

Sound familiar?

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Ohhh, Mikey, I know! The same ol' refrain from this guy! Only he has a better accent than Bush.

When will this end?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Mike O'Leary said...

Geez, and he and Blair call themselves "liberals." shows how much sway absolute belief systems have, I guess......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home