Wednesday, February 28, 2007

For a laugh (more a Nelson HA! from The Simpson's than real laughter), I was reading a sad piece of journalism on the website The Politico, which tried to convince people that Joe Lieberman is really a Democrat. Imagine my surprise when I read the following ...

Aides take cues from Lieberman's actions. He voted with Democrats 90 percent of the time before the November election -- a point he raised on the primary campaign trail -- and continues to hold that average in his first two months as an independent.
"If he was seriously thinking about becoming a Republican, the last thing he would do is propose a new tax," Gerstein said.
That's a war-on-terrorism tax, proposed early this month to ease the pressure that military budgets are placing on domestic programs. Hardened critics went squishy -- for about a half a second.
"This may come off as blasphemy, but I support the latest idea of Joe Lieberman," Democratic consultant Cliff Schecter wrote on his blog.(emphasis mine)



Couple of things wrong with that. First, anyone who reads or listens to Cliff knows he has nothing nice or "squishy" to say about Lieberman. Not to speak out of school, but my guess is Cliff would rather be gagged with Ann Coulter's Adam's Apple than say something nice about Joe Lieberman.

Second, Cliff didn't write the piece they quoted, I did. Look, I'm anonymous, not fucking invisible! If quoting someone is going to make your piece, shouldn't you at least make sure you got the quote attributed correctly? Is it too much to ask?

I'd ask Cliff to get a retraction from The Politico, but since nobody reads it, why bother. Did I mention they suck?

12 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

I agree BC- in the two weeks (give or take) that they've been up, I've read more misleading or downright wrong bullshit there than any MSM publication, and damn close to the amount that shows up regularly at Powerline or MM's site.

A real shame. It sounded like a good idea.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Wow, the Politico and Rush all in a few days. They must think I'm more important than I am.

I am tired of getting credit for excellent posts by BC and Paddy and even Mike, whose freakin full name is right there. Yes, the blog has my name.

No, I don't have four names. Only dumbass WASPS who hang in Kennebunkport try and fit in four names.

Please, give the smart folks at the site here credit for their work you morons.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Ain't that rich! As Cliff says, it writes itself!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger BC said...

To: Republican Blogs
Fr: BC @ Cliffschecter.com
Re: Cliff's Anti-Wasp remark

In the wake of the Marcotte on-line garrotting, I just want to point out Cliff said "dumbass WASPS" in jest. While he has said many things that would make him radioactive, this was a joke an not an anti-religious slur. Cliff and all of us at CliffSchecter.com here respect all religions, except the Jews (really kidding, as Cliff is an original member of the Tribe) That is all. Thanks,

Mysterious Blogger

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

"Original Member of the Tribe"?
Is that like "Charter Member of the Country Club"?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

I don't discriminate regarding which religion I will disparage.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

The Politico is now the most revered website of those who call themselves "Independents" but do nothing but spout the right wing agenda at every chance.


I don't discriminate regarding which religion I will disparage.

Ugh-oh....(Catholic Mary Ellen says as she slinks away).

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Nice bc.

But don't worry, I was radioactive a while ago. Unless, say, the elected folks on our side have cojones and tell the hypocrites like Bill Donahue to stuff it up their ass (which I suspect he already does)...Like Romney does when speaking at the museum dedicated to Henry Ford, Jew Lover Extraordinaire.

Then, I'm available :)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger evie said...

This is a bit of a stretch. I started reading this blog recently -- a blog that says Cliff Schecter at the top and which has a photo of Cliff Schecter at the top as well -- and it was only when reading a comment from someone who clearly is a frequent reader of the site apologizing for thinking a post was from Schecter when it was actually from BC, that it was at all obvious the posts were not always from Schecter. I'm not defending the Politico in general, but to freak because they didn't notice the "BC" in 6 pt type is a bit much.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like Bill Donahue to stuff it up their ass (which I suspect he already does)...

Ok, that's more than enough. I snarfed cheddar broccoli soup and it freakin' hurt!

No more reading this blog while I eat!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger BC said...

I understand, CMS, how it is easy to make a mistake. And when some posters made the same mistake, we joked about it. But you would think when quoting somebody, The Politico would make sure they had the right person. These people are former journalists, and its not that hard to double check the names at the bottom of the post (Cliff does run our bios on the side page).

Also, it's not just about the mistake, it's about the tenor. We were not complimenting Joe in the piece. We liked the idea, but cast aspersions on Joe's intent, but The Politico ran it as if we were sucking up to Holy Joe. It's wrong, and I have to say, I'm not happy about it

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

If one is to (mis)quote from another's post, one would think that one would READ who wrote said post, no matter what the font size (Ever read print newspapers? One needs a microscope, but I bet one could get the byline right). Then one could (mis)quote with abandon whilst attributing it to the right poster.

I said "one" way too many times. One must be careful never to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home