Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I don't think this necessarily portends anything bad for my marriage, but the island of Stromboli, which is off the main island of Sicily, blew up today. What does that have to do with me you ask?

I spent my honeymoon there.

The volcano is always active, but usually just spits up a bit, like Bush trying to ingest two pretzels simultaneously (btw did you see him try to bounce that flat basketball today...priceless).

In any case, it seems this time there is some real lava flow, and although I don't speak Italian, from what I can understand, many people are vacating the premises.

So assuming everyone is safe, and I am free to joke about it, let's just say I would still rather be there right now than be in Dick Cheney's entourage.

Thank God we are fighting them over there, so we can ignore them over there, and they can try and kill our leaders over there.

9 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

The only possible interpretation of the suicide explosion in Afghanistan is that local senior leaders wanted to embarrass him by leaking his secret meeting.

They let him know his "show" isn't going well there.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

I'm with Olbermann......
"Mmmmmm, Stromboli!!!"

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger BC said...

I'm amazed no one here mentioned about the Freudian implications of Cliff having his honeymoon near an active volcano. Why do I get the feeling that Cliff's honeymoon video looks like deleted scenes from "The Graduate?"

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Hey BC, don't you go panty sniffing (yes, I do wear them on occasion). Who are you, Ken Starr?

gimmeabreak, have you been to Stromboli? I love the Mediterranean. Best part of the world. We took lots of great pictures. And yes I will be upset if that beautiful island is damaged. But they have survived this stuff before.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Oh bc, you mysterious perv you!!!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger BC said...

Completely guilty as charged, Paddy

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Cliff, I love stromboli as in dough and sauce and cheese...

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Whoa... we chose Taormina over Stromboli, mostly out of travel exhaustion. Those little islands seem more interested in kicking humans off them than serving as biped habitat, so I can't say this surprises me. Sicily around Etna is only barely tolerant of anmial life.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I once went to a Two Guys from Sicily in Sherman Oaks.

I didn't take pictures.

There were no volcanoes.

I wasn't on my honeymoon.

But we did go to a hotel afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home