Monday, January 08, 2007

Thanks folks for bearing with me while I dealt with some personal issues. Now I am back, so let's get to business.

You may remember that one of the reasons I enjoyed John Edwards' announcement speech so much was that he called not for this bs of "gradually increasing" those who have access to healthcare, but for universal care.

Well, on one last note regarding my friend Maria, for those of you who read the obit (Paddy linked to it in the comments), you may have noticed that she did not have healthcare. This is just ludicrous, and made this situation all the more tragic for those of us who cared so deeply about her. The employer-based system is out of date and frankly hurts the very businesses Republicans slobber over.

I consider universal care a litmus test for me to support any Democratic nominee in the primaries at this point. You pander on this one, getting my vote or (paltry) donations is a non-starter.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I'm seeing on the internets, looks like our guy Ahnold is pushing for something pretty close to universal health care here in CA.

I haven't done enough reading on this yet. What do you know, Cliffy? Anything?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

I am not sure of the details, but it seems Arnold was scared enough by his near death experience in 2004 that he is to the left of Gray Davis these days..

From what I hear, it is universal health insurance for kids up to 18. Not perfect, but certainly a start....

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Arnold realized he wasn't really an invincible T-800 cybernetic android when he broke his leg skiing last month. Perhaps it gave the Governator a newfound appreciation for having medical insurance!

More likely though is that Maria just slapped him around.

GET TO DA CHOPPA! AYE AYE AYE!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Yeah, I am going to say he got bitch slapped jambon...

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, too, Jambon.

Now, if only he could do something about what's left of his physique. Have you seen any of those photos floating around the internets of him in a Speedo? Wonder if his plan will provide for an overhaul.

Oh, and now that I've studied up on his plan, I see it's far from perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home