Friday, July 06, 2007


Aaron Brown is speaking for the first time about his abrupt departure from CNN and the general cable news business to E&P .

Couple of choice bits.

But in a competitive race, Fox knows exactly what its audience wants. It's been one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen in television: no matter what the story is, no matter what the circumstances are, if it's not what the audience wants, they will walk away from the story."

He cites examples.

Immediately after Hurricane Katrina, Fox's reporting was terrific, Brown said. He specifically mentioned Shep Smith's reports. And then...

"In my mind, when it became clear that the story had become the incompetence of the administration, that did not fit their view, so they walked away. They pulled troops out," Brown said.


I miss his show.

5 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Tossed away for a younger model.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I miss Aaron.

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to forget that Aaron Brown was one of those who went from journalist to infotainer. And it seemed like he was phoning it in most nights.

I don't miss that all.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ironwoodtree said...

I haven't watched more than 2 hours total of CNN since he left. I turn it on and it's all fluff and lies. I wonder what audience they're looking for? My relatives in their 70's don't watch them, I don't watch them, I don't know anyone in their 20's who watches them.

Most people I know have switched to MSNBC. The righties like Scarborough and the lefties like Olbermann.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Brown. His ASU gig is probably much better anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home