Thursday, May 31, 2007


Media Bistro
MSNBC Shows Strongest Growth Of Any Cable News In Both Total Day And Primetime

"Countdown with Keith Olbermann" Completes Month In Second Place Among News Nets With Whopping +56% Advantage Over CNN In Total Viewers


Now, I'm not some fancy schmancy network teevee exec, but if I were, I'd be looking at these numbers and trying to figure out what I'm doing right....

More significant gains were posted later in the day.

From 8 to 11pm, MSNBC delivered 179,000 demo viewers, up 50,000 / 39 percent from last May's 129,000.

In total viewers, the net had 504,000 in primetime, up 51 percent from last May's 334,000.


...and keep on doing it.

5 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Don't tell anybody...but I'm in love with Keith Olberman. Shhhhh!

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell anybody... but I'm also in love with him.

When he says "Good Night" I dream he's saying it to me in our bed.

Ooooo, he's so dreamy.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Dan Abrams is really looking at those numbers and thinking about who he would put in the 9:00 spot after Scarborough goes to the mornings. Also, they could do really well with something other than Lockup: Oshkosh reruns at 10:00.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm- slightly liberal commentator, spectacular ratings growth pulling the whole network up- I'd say it's getting pretty close to time for the General Electric executives to....fire him...

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Neener nanner, neener nanner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home