Tuesday, May 01, 2007

LUNACY, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO



I am honored and flummoxed (yes, I just wanted to use the word "flummoxed") to be asked to guest post while Cliff is secluded in his new office in his new home with his new baby and his not-so-new computer trying to finish his very new book. I've never done this before, although I am a writer. And I use the term loosely.

So, consider this an opportunity to see what it's like when lunatic off the street is given full rein to run off at the mouth at the expense of the superb quality and decency of an otherwise excellent blog.

And speaking of lunatics, let's make a list of them. That's a relatively easy way to ease into this fish-outta-water blogging thing. Feel free to add to the list. My time is limited, and so is my mental capacity.

The List-o'-Lunatics (and their qualifications):

KKKarl Rove--For putting our entire democracy at risk. And for looking like that.

Gonzo--So much incompetence, too little time and space to go into the redundant details. And for his creepy Peter Lorre impression.

Cheney-- Main Entry: lu·na·tic
Pronunciation: 'lü-n&-"tik
Function: adjective
1 a : affected with lunacy : INSANE b : designed for the care of insane persons < lunatic asylum>
2 : wildly foolish lunatic idea>
- lunatic noun
3 : See Cheney, Richard Bruce

George W. Bush-- Killing small living things as a child; Killing larger living things as an adult; Lifelong influence of The Quaker Oats Man--er, Bar; The Rapture. 'Nuff said.

10 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Gottalaff rocks! Great first post you comedy writing kinda...person

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Okay, so now it's not bolded, but I swear it was when I posted, and it was driving me nuts.

And I also added a label when I didn't mean to. And I didn't title it. I have no idea how to do this.

Other than that, things went swimmingly.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Thanks, Cliffy. Read my comment. Oy.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gottalaff! I look forward to your posts. (These other people are Just. Not. Funny.) :)

Did you all know that there was a Chimpy McFlightsuit action figure? Check out this manly visage sculpted in plastic here!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I'm even more flummoxed. All I got was an Error message, Gimmeabreak. Waaah!

That aside, I'm guessing the most action Chimpy could ever get is from another equally plastic figure.

And thanks, you guys! I cannot believe how many places there are to make mistakes while trying to post. What the heck is a label, anyway? I thought it meant "title". Kill me now.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

HA!!!! (chris matthews laugh)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Oh, whoops, you already fixed everything. You're a sly one, Padlock.

Now I dare you to do an Ann Coulter impression. HA!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Sorry, the little black dress would come about to my waist, and it's been years since I've been that slutty.

But if the little black dress only came to my waist, sheesh, I wouldn't have to act slutty now would I?

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh, sorry Gottalaff! I gotta work on my html. Try now:

Chimpy Doll

Scroll down a little when you get there.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

HAHAHA!! Gimmeabreak! Only they forgot the codpiece. They could have included it as a bonus, kids!

And Paddy, you vixen, it's been "years since [you've] been that slutty"? LOL! Why, it seems like just yesterday.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home