Friday, April 13, 2007


Now, I don't want to scare anyone, so buck up here for a sec....

While I was perusing the Financial Times earlier....
(you okay? deep breathe)

I found this.


Financial Times


Gender inequality/economic growth

Published: April 13 2007 12:49 | Last updated: April 13 2007 12:49

In the coming struggle to cope with ageing populations and heavier pension liabilities, governments, though they may not realise it, have a secret weapon: women.

Goldman Sachs estimates that closing the gap between male and female employment would boost US gross domestic product by as much as 9 per cent, eurozone GDP by 13 per cent and Japanese GDP by 16 per cent. But there is no inexorable rise in female employment levels. Goldman reckons that increasing female employment accounts for 0.4 percentage points of the eurozone’s 2.1 per cent trend growth since 1995 and projects a further 0.25 percentage points lift over the next 10 years. But relatively high female employment levels in the US have been slipping slightly, and Japan’s low female employment rate remains stubbornly flat – so no fillip for either of those.


The rest of it is behind a money wall, but it gives quite a bit of food for thought.
On the surface it seems self evident.
Where are all those economic supply sider R's calling for more women in the workforce & better pay?

Oh, sorry, they're being held hostage by the Theocrats who piddle themselves over the thought of self sufficient women with money.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

I'm self sufficient- kinda.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'Cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to
I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman


Heh, heh....watch out guys, we're gaining on ya! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home