Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Boy's Big Day

Ok folks, a personal moment here, if you'll allow it. I have been offline all day, because as Paddy hinted at earlier, I was taking my six-month old boy to his first baseball game. For me this was a big deal, as that is how my dad and I bonded when I was young.

Dougie, that is the little boy, didn't seem to fully get what was going on. But he did dig my ice cream, his first little taste. We lasted a solid two hours and had a great time. And now I can help make sure my son is not only a Democrat, but yes, a Yankees fan too (It was a AAA Yanks game).

So sorry no politics here, just a great day spent with my son, which only reminds me why I care about things in this country as much as I do.

9 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

CliffDaddy, that was one excellent post.

SIX MONTHS OLD?! When did that happen?

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Who knows gottalaff...it is crazy how the times flies, isn't it?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Perfect day for the outing Cliff!! Just gorgeous in our neck of the woods.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hi Cliff!

How nice! :) Spend as much time with him as you possibly can because they grow up too fast! I'm a mom that knows too well.. :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I think forcing an innocent six month old child to become a Yankee's fan is child abuse. Poor Dougie. ;-)

The only thing worse than that would be to subject him to a Cub's game. What's this world coming to???

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

I'm so happy for you Cliff.

I am a father too. My daughter is 17. As a single dad to a teen aged daughter, I can tell you have what it takes. Just love them no matter what.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Basheert said...

Oh Cliff what a great story! Dougie is lucky to have a dad that's so involved with him. Although you obviously were reluctant to share YOUR ice cream ...

Sounds like a wonderful day...now get to work!

(A word to the wise, kids are great but Grandkids are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!)

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep taking him to the games. He will get involved and enthralled in the goings-on eventually. I speak as someone who didn't BEGIN to appreciate baseball until well into adulthood. Now, I think all other games are just . . . lame.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where was the game, not in Scranton, was it? That's a great park. I'm from that area (Don Sherwood country).

But come on, Cliff, a six-month-old at a ballgame is luggage, not a spectator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home