Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Some Interesting Tidbits

1) Yup, as you noticed, we're still here. Switch overs never go as planned. Well, at least not when I'm involved. We will be inhabiting our new online Brave New Films digs soon, but it may take the next few days to accomplish. Look for us here first. We'll tell you where to find us.

2) The "My Bad Boss" contest, held by Working America (where I am a fellow, just to remind), hit the media big time the the past few days. Today, Robert Fox, one of the top dogs there was on MSNBC. He talked about the winning story which will send someone on a free vacation, and many other ridiculous stories about crappy bosses which people provided at the site. Go check them out.

3) Fox Attacks Iran (and yes, I am paid by Brave New Films too--soon it will be nice when that is an obvious part of the site, like, part of its name). Go to the site. Watch the video. Sign the letter. Stop another senseless war.

4) My house is not under water for those who have been so kind to send emails and inquire. Sadly for those in Shelby, Ohio, the same cannot be said. I am sure the Bush Administration has a plan to help these people get back on their feet--and knowing that what I just said if of course 100% sarcastic, whenever a fund is set up to help these poor people, be generous.

5) Finally, an interesting story. Perhaps. I was at a birthday party this weekend for the little and very cute daughter of my wife's college roommate. We were in a small town between Columbus and Cincinnati. I was swinging Dougie (he'd be my little bundle of joy) in a swing on the tree. A group of guys were playing cornhole nearby (if you don't know what that is, think horseshoes with sandbags and platforms with holes in them). Toby Keith was on the radio singing about Iraq.

I suddenly looked around, a guy born and raised in Downtown Manhattan in an apartment building, with a father obsessed with classical music and the presence of too many trees nearby considered "suspicious." I went to college inside Philadelphia. Lived in Washington, D.C. for a bunch of years.

Thinking about this, I blurted out to my wife, "I think I am as far from where I was born and raised as I could possibly be." She just started laughing. Life is full of strange twists and turns.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

We got rain, not really any flooding.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

We got smog. And heat. And more smog.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I've got heat and smog, too. Being Calgary, it's not as hot or as smoggy, but still...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home