Monday, April 09, 2007

Mitch McConnell: "I don't have to get hit myself"

I can only shake my head at quotes like this when wondering what in the world Mitch McConnell is thinking when describing himself as "the President's strongest supporter" on the war in Iraq and the latest 20,000 troop surge proposal:
He said he likes the “chess game” aspect of football but is also drawn to the “vicarious violence” of the game. “They do it to themselves,” he said. “I don’t have to get hit myself but I can watch these guys. It’s sort of warfare without death.”
Sound familiar? Maybe Mitch McConnell should have included this section in the letter that he had his former boss write for him when he avoided his own military service in Vietnam.

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Keyboard Kommando.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home